Your hosts, Bruno and Marlies, welcome you to Kookas Bed & Breakfast, our friendly Cairns Bed & Breakfast accommodation in the tropical north of Australia.
Originally from Switzerland, we have spent many years travelling the world. It was during our early travels that we first fell in love with Cairns.
We invite you to join us at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, so that you too can discover the beautiful region we now call home.
With 20 years experience in hospitality, we trust that at Kookas Bed & Breakfast you’ll enjoy your stay as much as we enjoy your company.
We wish you a safe and pleasant journey and we hope to see you soon at Kookas Bed & Breakfast.
Kooka’s Bed & Breakfast accommodation
Bruno and Marlies describe Kookas Bed & Breakfast as a ‘tropical haven’. It’s their very own Swiss-style chalet nestled in the tropical foothills of Mt Whitfield, only 10 minutes from the cosmopolitan city centre of Cairns.
The lush, cool surrounds of Kookas Bed & Breakfast make this the perfect place to enjoy the warm climate of North Queensland. Located in the suburb of Edge Hill, it truly is a snapshot of the tropics. In fact, only a 20 minute walk from Kookas Bed & Breakfast is the acclaimed Flecker Botanic Gardens.
It’s not surprising then that Kookas Bed & Breakfast is also home to a vibrant array of native birds and Australian animals. The name ‘Kookas’ actually comes from the Kookaburra, a popular ‘laughing’ kingfisher bird. Prepare to awaken to the sounds of the Kookaburra each morning.
The superb architecture of Kookas Bed & Breakfast makes the most of the property’s magnificent surrounds. An inviting, open deck leads you out from the lounge and towards the expansive views of the south. Discover the refreshing pool, a real Australian barbecue, or simply do nothing at all – it’s all yours to enjoy.
So whether it’s breakfast with the birds or a dinner at dusk, you’ll appreciate each and every experience at Kookas Bed & Breakfast.
Highlights Tropical North Queensland has to offer
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Beautiful golden beaches
- Great golf courses
- The World Heritage Rainforest
- The weather – beautiful one day and perfect the next.
Kooka’s Bed & Breakfast – so close to everything
- 10 min walk to bus stop
Regular bus service to Cairns City Place (20 min one-way)
- 15 min walk to the village centre of Edge Hill
(Post Office, Restaurants and Convenience Shops)
- 20 min walk to the famous and beautiful Botanical Gardens and surrounding parks. The Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitors Center is in our neighbourhood, also tennis courts and Lawn Bowling Club.
- 10 min to Cairns International/Domestic Airport
- 10 min to Cairns Central, Cairns’ main shopping centre
- 10 min to Cairns CBD and Esplanade
- 20 min to Paradise Palms Golf Course
- 25 min to Palm Cove
- 35 min to Kuranda Rainforest Village
- 45 min to Port Douglas
- 60 min to Atherton Tablelands